Gas Safety

Carbon Monoxide Awareness: Carbon Monoxide is a poisonous gas, which is produced by incomplete burning of gas and liquid petroleum, which happens when an appliance has been fitted incorrectly, badly maintained or repaired.

You can't see it, smell it or taste it, but it can cause serious health problems and even death if breathed in over a long period. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to the flu, so if you experience any of the symptoms listed below but feel better once you are away from the appliance you may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning and should contact your GP:

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Breathlessness
  • Dry throat
  • Vomiting

So how can you tell if you have carbon monoxide in your home? Well, there are a few warning signs you need to look out for:

  • The flame on your cooker should be blue; a lazy yellow or orange flame may mean your cooker needs to be checked.
  • There is soot or yellow/brown staining around or on appliances.
  • Increased levels of condensation in the room where the appliance is installed.
  • Pilot lights frequently blow out.
  • Fumes or smoke in the house.
  • Solid fuel fires burn more slowly than usual.

Book an engineer:

  • 01624 627635
  • 07624 463939

Enquiry Form

Please enter your name.

Please enter your email address.

Please enter your telephone number

Please enter a message.

Anti Spam
Invalid Input